New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

A little late with the Intro

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:00 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A little late with the Intro

My name is Jim, I work for ADT in C-bus Ohio... I am the proud new owner of a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Wrong Way Wooten signature series truck. It has a "modified" tranny that has no forward gears, only goes backwards.. Of course that mod was accidental as it happened when the tranny gave up and died.. The same say I bought the truck... Anyway, I am getting it fixed soon, and should be up and running in the next couple weeks. I miss my old Dusters, and plan on trying to find me one later on to fix up.. If I can afford them.. I bought the ones I used to have for $75 and $250 respectively.. Now I can't find one for under $3000... sigh... oh well.. Who would have thought they would become so popular?

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin to it..

JimK

Old 01-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to DF. I do know who wrong way Wooten is....

Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wrong Way Wooten was a guy from Philly, who rode his bicycle sitting backwards, he had stereo, even a small TV, and he ended up getting attention from several news stations, and even a national spot on a show called "Real People" in the 80's.. He ended up doing a cross country trip on his bike, all the way riding backwards.. His real name was Tom Wooten, aka Wrong Way.. I never forgot that episode of Real People.. I even rode my bike backwards in a marathon locally as a tribute to him, came in 12th out of 125 people in that one... All the time riding backwards myself.. It was rougher than I thought... but pretty fun...

JimK

Quick Reply: A little late with the Intro