New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New From Columbus

Old 02-04-2009, 05:10 AM
BlueDak2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New From Columbus

I am fairly new to the Dodge world. My father in law is a die hard Mopar guy and I used to live a mile from Brice Road growing up. So with these influences and the opportunity to by my brother in laws 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT I jumped at the chance.

I am interested in doing some customizing and giving truck a unique look.

Let me know if there are any other 2nd Generation Dak owners out there with some good ideas.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Texasaggie2980
Default depends

what kinda look ya wanting to go for? sporty or mean? I know a guy not to far from you down in Fayette county that has had a couple cool rams and dakota's with the headlight covers and bed covers and the ground effects or he has lifted, with the push bar and and roll bars and I have to admit, they have looked pretty neat.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:48 AM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

Hey, another Columbus dude... I hope to have my truck back from the shop here soon.. As for yours, would have to see pics for some ideas... Though I own a Ram, I could maybe help ya come up with a couple ideas.. depends really on like TExas said, what look you really want.. Mine is going to stay fairly stock looking.. don't want to add much to detract from that.. I was going to do the light/roll bar in the bed, but now think I may just put my lights behind the grill and leave the bar off...

Old 02-04-2009, 05:37 PM
paul07
Veteran

welcome from near akron!

Old 02-04-2009, 06:15 PM
BlueDak2000

I will be posting pics soon. I am hoping to remain fairly stock. Right now I have to work on the truck bed because there is rust above the wheel well, and the wheels were attempted to be cleaned using something that ate away the finish and left it a dingy green.

I attempted to sand and paint and clear coat, but the finish is not what I expected.

I was wondering if anyone in the rustbelt had experience with the rust repair?

Also, any ideas on some wheels that look especially good on the dakotas?

Old 02-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Texasaggie2980
Default wheels

they have some double spoke alloy wheels that look pretty sharp on dakotas. If ya want to keep it fairly stock I'd suggest some tube bars and a push bar and maybe some sharp taillight covers that has the ram. My dad in Washington Court house has them, along with a chrome bumper and it looks good. I'll have to get picks of my 95 Ram 4x4 for ya'll. It's not a beauty Queen by no means, but I'm working on. Enjoy talk'en to ya buckeyes! I miss home every once in awhile.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:37 AM
BlueDak2000

Thanks for the ideas. I am considering all those things, and then I was going to ditch the orange parking lights for some clear ones. I just think that it makes the for a smoother look.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:33 AM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

Originally Posted by BlueDak2000
I will be posting pics soon. I am hoping to remain fairly stock. Right now I have to work on the truck bed because there is rust above the wheel well, and the wheels were attempted to be cleaned using something that ate away the finish and left it a dingy green.

I attempted to sand and paint and clear coat, but the finish is not what I expected.

I was wondering if anyone in the rustbelt had experience with the rust repair?

Also, any ideas on some wheels that look especially good on the dakotas?
Ok.. Cmon.. it's been 4 days since you posted this message... Where are the pics??? No excuses, we just want that truck ****!!! Cmon!!! Your leavin us hangin here.... You don't crack a bottle of whiskey in front of an irishman and not give him a drink....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New From Columbus