New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Dakota in Spokane

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:00 PM
1gr8ryd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dakota in Spokane

Hi Everyone, new member here. I bought a 93 dakota 4x4 v8 as a winter rig. I expected it to die after one or two seasons, but now after a year of ownership I love it. I have decided to keep the truck and invest a little money to make it more reliable. The truck is bullet-proof. We broke all kinds of snow records up here in Washington this past winter (almost 100 inches) and the dakota never let me down; she just kept digging. The truck is not without its problems though. I have an oil pressure gauge problem and the fuel gauge doesn't read right. The tranny is shifting rough and I can't get the headlights to adjust or aim properly. Minor problems, hopefully with the advice and experiences from members on this site, I can get the dakota tip top in no time and ready for next winter. Thanks to everyone who contributes to the site. Look for pictures of the beast soon.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:24 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome, I am glad to hear your are happy with the beast! I had a 1st Gen Dakota as well and I couldnt have been happier either, of course I had the usual things happen as well. The oil and gas guages are kinda common. Have you checked out the 1st Gen Dakota Section. You'll find alot of good info about things like that! Welcome to DF btw! Enjoy the site!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:58 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

hey, welcome to DF! yea, sounds like you have some common problems. You'll be able to find fixes for those around the site.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:04 AM
1gr8ryd

Hey thanks for the warm welcomes. I dove into the site head first and I am hooked. I can't believe all the useful information. I hope for the continued success and growth of this Dodge community.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:31 AM
denice25
Rookie

Welcome to Dodge Forum and Enjoy!!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 08:28 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain

Robert,

Howdy from SoCal. At least that is where I am currently residing. Home is Spokane for me and hope to be back up there in the next few years. I know about the snow myself. Drove up there for the Holidays and it was quite an experience. Took my '01 Ram and had no probs myself.

Where at in town are you at? I am from around the Manito Park area. Notice you are in aviation. Did you get your training in the military or out at SCC in the AV program. Graduated from SCC myself more than a few years back.

Anyway, glad to have you aboard and like lghtngblt02 says, post your questions to the Dak forum as you will get better and quicker responses.

James

Quick Reply: Dakota in Spokane