New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Teched68123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum

Hello everyone,

I am NEW to this FORUM and it is EXACTLY what I have been looking for. I wished EVERY Dodge and Chrysler owner knew about this site. LOTS of GREAT information.

I have a question: I have two suggestions to improve the Navigation system on my wife's 2008 MyGig. Is there a way to pass two suggestions to the software company?

1. When driving a ROUTE in the NAV system the map "should" zoom-in when the vehicle gets closer to a turn or change in the road. Then AFTER the turn the map should go back to the previous scale.

2. Allow the user to input a point into the NAV system via the USB. This can be done by a software mapping program or as easily as a STANDARD data file such as:

Name
Coordinates

or whatever they can come up with to input the data in the route. If it could be added to an address that would work then tell the NAV system to Auto_route to that address.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time,

Ron

Old 04-20-2009, 08:12 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to DF Teched I am glad you found us! I am not sure about being able to pass on information through us. Ill check it out, the only other way I would sya is to check out www.dodge.com, maybe the customer assistance? Good luck and enjoy the site!

Old 04-21-2009, 03:41 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

hey Ron. welcome to DF!

Old 04-21-2009, 11:41 PM
TedEbear
Rookie

Originally Posted by Teched68123
I have a question: I have two suggestions to improve the Navigation system on my wife's 2008 MyGig. Is there a way to pass two suggestions to the software company?
Here's the contact info for the company that writes the MyGIG application software:

Harman Becker Automotive
39001 W. 12 Mile Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48331
248-994-2794

The website I pulled that from says that Chrysler does not want anyone except dealers to contact Harman Becker with technical issues, so I don't know if it would do any good to contact them or not.

Last edited by TedEbear; 04-21-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Quick Reply: New to Forum