New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Here (Looking At Dakotas)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 01:09 PM
JasTruck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here (Looking At Dakotas)

Hello Gang,

I have been looking at this site for about a week. Great site so far. I currently drive a car but looking to get back into a truck. Mainly The dodge dakota 4x4 Gen 2 quad cab.
I have always like the dakotas, one for having a v8 in a midsize works perfect for me. I rented one for our honeymoon (4 door silver 2wd v8) loved it. Plenty of get up and go. Gas mileage was prety good for a truck. Granted it wasnt loaded down but not bad (22mpg).
I was wondering on the engine sizes, I knew about the 318(5.2) and 360 (5.9). I didnt know dodge had a 4.7 until a girl at work had one. She has a gen 3 if that matters. What is the displacment of a 4.7liter?
Well being in the midwest I fount out having somewhat of a sporty car doesnt like these roads, lol. I like being able to run over anything and not worry. I have a friend who used to have a 360 dakota rt. Damn that thing would kill some sport cars with ease. I dont know why I never purchased one. Mainly being a gm fan and gramps having a discount. Mainly the discount,lol.
Is there anything I need to worry about buying a used gen 2 Dakota? Miles so far been ranging from 15k to 98k. Prices on these are actually resonable.
Anyway I will be visiting the boards daily.

Have a great day!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 06:59 PM
daragez
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, welcome to the forum.....this is the right site for you....enjoy your stay..

Quick Reply: New Here (Looking At Dakotas)