New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

2002 Dodge Caravan... Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 02:41 PM
sarge75
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dodge Caravan... Help!!!

My 2002Dodgecaravan makes a squeaking noise underhood. It occurs when I am first start the car then goes away when I drive a little. Turning the vehicle seems to exacerbate the problem initially. It makes squeaking noise when engine when the engine is first started. After some time the squeaking noise stops and only re-starts when the car sits for a while. Help ?

My question is, what is this?
Any help in diagonising this will be very much appreciated!!!

I not only have a noise (mine goes away after several minutes of driving) but my air conditiong has been out. The guy at the shop told me it was something under the dashboard and had to have the dashboard taken out to get to it. I am skeptical of this as the AC holds about a day of freon, then gets hot with no air. This guy said it had to do with something connected to a vent but that doesn't make sense either as, with heat or just air flow, my vents are fine. Help please!!!

Old 05-07-2009, 10:07 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to DF sarge! My guess is the squealing is coming from the a/c compress. Maybe check out the Caravan Section for some info. The people in there should be able to help ya out. Good luck!

Quick Reply: 2002 Dodge Caravan... Help!!!