New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to DF but a long time Ram Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 02:59 PM
cmherrmann
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to DF but a long time Ram Owner

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I'm on my 3rd Ram, I had a 94 that was stolen and then bought a 2000 with the insurance money after they found the 94 with the front clip gone. I just bought a 07 and what a difference in trucks from the 2nd generation to the 3rd.

I looked at the 09 but my pocketbook was not that deep. I ended up with a really nice Pearl Black 07 4 door short box with the 5.7 SLT Big Horn Package. Looks a lot like my 2000 but rides a whole lot better and has a lot more power.

So far I have added step tubes, Mud flaps, and was lucky enough that the Tonneau Cover from my 2000 fit. I need to put some new treads on it before winter and was wondering what you all recommend for the snow country in 20s? Trying to save a few buck so I'm not spending over $200.00 a tire. The dealer said he would sell me Coopers for his cost $115.00 each but I'm not sure which model Cooper they are.

I have got a lot of good info from here already and hope to spend some time here and hopefully get even more info and maybe even help out.

Thanks for reading my post, any other guys from Northern WI on here?

Charlie

Oh yea pictures to come soon!

Old 05-26-2009, 10:14 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to DF CM! Any pics of the animal?

Old 05-29-2009, 12:15 PM
cmherrmann
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be adding some pics this weekend. Have to get it cleaned up again. Man I'm loving this truck, it has some ***** that Hemi does get up and go compared to the old 318 5.2L.

Quick Reply: New to DF but a long time Ram Owner