New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to DR and trucks altogether

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Bakwoods
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to DR and trucks altogether

Hey guys, new to the scene and I'm not a Ram owner. In fact my friend Mike is the owner. I'm simply doing research on his behalf (no internet access at home.) He recently acquired a 95 Ram 1500 and the previous owner was a local kid who already installed some parts but nothing major.

List of mods:
Custom dual exhaust with Dynomax mufflers
Aftermarket headunit (not sure of brand...Pioneer?)

Mike's lack of money has caused me to feel generous and start helping him out. I've already decided to ditch the stock speakers (front) and install something with a little kick...6x9 Boss Audio Diablo series. I figured we would need an MDF ring to install properly, possibly even cut out the grill. Other than that I've also ordered him a set of HID's for the truck 10,000K and I'll probably get a set of those for the fog lights too as opposed to getting the giant fog lights in the grill.

I really like the custom grill insert idea, probably going to do that tommorow. What I'd like to do is the interior light bulb change DIY. I was looking at it earlier, however the dash cluster in the pictures was different from his. I do intend to do the mod myself along with making some custom gauge faces.

After all that is set in I think we'll start updating the interior trim, probably paint some of the pieces.

Finally, here's a real interesting question, I've seen threads about CAI for the truck however I haven't found anything really helpful on the possibilty of a custom CAI. I wasn't sure what to look for in terms of parts for the TB on the truck, I've seen a few kits with the big plastic ballon if you will on the top and an intake pipe out the side. While that's all good and great I'd like to get that piece alone and build a CAI from scratch, probably a good 3" pipe will be enough to supply air to the intake manifold. If anyone has a link to something like that on the site or off please PM me or simply post it here.

Looking forward to helping the modding process and looking forward to joining the family.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:56 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to DF Bakwoods. Sounds like you have a good heart and a desire to mod Any pictures of you friends truck?

Quick Reply: New to DR and trucks altogether