New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

99 Durango Will not start everytime

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:05 AM
Brandie P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 99 Durango Will not start everytime

Okay, Very Frustrated. We WERE having a problem with the Durango stalling ( going down the hwy 60 mph with my 3 kids in rush hour traffic) and not starting right away, have to wait 15-30 minutes before starting again. I have read so many helpful postings about this issue. After reading advice from others I replaced the PCM. This was about a month and half ago. It worked great for about 3 wks. Now I am having the starting problem again along with the " no bus error " as I was getting before replacing the pcm. If I go inside somewhere for over an hour it will start under an hour it will not. It turns over, just doesn't start. Sit and wait for 15-30 and then it will start. When this pcm was replaced my mechanic noticed that had already been replaced once. So, now on second pcm and VERY frustrated. Another thing that has happend and doesn't bother me but may be connected is that the radio doesn't work unless I have the dimmers or head lights on. Do I get another pcm? Also, scanner shows nothing.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Quick Reply: 99 Durango Will not start everytime