New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newbie to forum & new to Dodge & diesels

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 01:42 PM
ALBALD1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie to forum & new to Dodge & diesels

Just a couple weeks ago bought the last Dodge 2500hd 4x4 w/ 6.7l diesel, auto trans, & pretty much loaded from one of the local dealers who is going out of the Dodge business. Stickered at 45k & I bought for $33k. Seemed like a deal, so I did it. I've been driving a 1500 Silverado last 6 years. Man does this Dodge have power. Really liking it, but like most, I'd like to make some minor mods. First is gonna be trailer hitch & Spray-in bedliner. Then Bushwhacker flares. Then, I'd like to look at massaging a few more MPG & hopefully a little more power in the process. This is where the questions start. First, I would be unlikely to pull the max 10,000lbs for my 3.42 gears. Probable looking at more like 6-7000lbs. I've pulled that for years w/ just a class 3 hitch & trailer brake, so do I need weight distributing equip or just a class 4 hitch & trailer brake. Also, What kind of prices is anyone getting on bedliners? I've got a quote from Linex for $585 including over the bedrails & a Rhino over the rails for $519. Just any general helpful info on these trucks would be helpful as I'm new to Dodge & diesels in general. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:44 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to DF ALBA! Sounds like a nice truck. Do you have pictures of it yet? Have you checked out the 4th Gen Ram Section yet? This is where the newer Ram truck members are at

Old 06-29-2009, 11:03 AM
ALBALD1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no pics yet, but will be soon. i want to keep a pic history of all the mods i make.

Quick Reply: Newbie to forum & new to Dodge & diesels