New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

thinkin about gettin a hemi.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Use_full_throttle_n_RAM_the_daughtr's Avatar
Use_full_throttle_n_RAM_the_daughtr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinkin about gettin a hemi.....

Hi there i'm new to the site and I have a couple questions about these Hemi trucks.

Due to my health (I have to drive 700k for treatment 1-3 times per month) and the new found news that were gonna have another baby, I decided to look into gettin a Ram 1500 Q/C 4x4 with the 5.7L.

I would like to know what the typical lifespan of one of these engines is....I know there are many factors to consider ie proper care and maintence so lets say in a 5.7L SMPI that has been properly maintained how long could I realisticly expect the engine heck even the tranny to go without any issues except your regular maintence.

I ask this because my old 98 Chevy with the 350 vortec never had any issues even after 330000 km.

If it matters what year the truck is that i am looking into it will be either an 05 or an 06 Ram 1500 q/c 4x4

Thanks for your input on this, I love these trucks but i'm hoping to get at least 330,000K out of the original engine. I hope thats possible.

Quick Reply: thinkin about gettin a hemi.....