New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New "Mini-Truck" Dakota Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:59 AM
KustomD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - Dakota Owner

Hey everyone, I have a 1990 Dodge Dakota LE 3.9L V6 which I turned into a mini-truck.

with the help of my dad we were able to do all the work on this ride, including recently 4 linking it.

I'm 23 years young and enjoy customizing, I have always been a dodge owner and have had this truck since I was 16, my dad bought it brand new in 1989 right off the factory line.

Ran like a champ up until recently where I am getting no power to my injectors = no fuel into the motor. I know the fuel pump works, I know the starter works in fact the engine cranks over with no spray into the throttle body.

If there is anyone here who can help me that would be great much appreciated, if this is a question for a specific sub-forum please direct me to it.

Some pics of my now Mini-truck....

and the interior...

Glad to be here

Last edited by KustomD; 07-17-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:57 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice looking Dakota Kustom! Excellent work...as far as your problem goes, are you sure you are getting spark? There is a common problem with the 1st Gen Dakotas, not your year but its a possible, with one of the ignition wire connections corroded and causing a no start. Check this thread https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...en-1-faqs.html and or the 1st Gen Dakota Section for more info. The guys in this section are very friendly and helpful GOOD LUCK

Quick Reply: New "Mini-Truck" Dakota Owner