New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 04:05 AM
JackTheStripper5.9
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member

New member here, 19 from PA.

Always been a Mopar person but I've been driving F-bodies for the last 2-3 years and have owned other cars since then too.

I got a 95 Ram 2500 SLT 4x4 right now. It's got a 5.9L, 46re, single cab, etc. The only mods it has at the moment is a new exhaust which is piping going off the manifolds into a dual inlet cat then into a glasspack exiting out the side. It's also got a sick cowl hood too. Pretty sure that's all it for the mods unless you wanna count the lame third brake light cover and the ram hitch cover.

Future mods would have to be:
*Get my head unit in there (need to buy supplies ...)
*New exhaust - headers, true duals with thrush mufflers
*Roll pan bumper (remove tow package, remove plastic tailgate trim?)
*Fog lights up front???
*Engine mods

For an old truck, I can't compain. It's nice and solid and the paint is holding up good. The only major defect is this like 1" round spot on the top of the fender where it flaked off. Besides that, the only real issue is the bottom of the passenger door is rusting from being backed into many years ago but the floors are fine. It has like 160,000 miles and the 360 is still kicking.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:06 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum.

You better be happy at 19 just to have a truck.. When I was 19, I had a '78 GMC Seirra farm truck that I used a butter knife to start. It was all beat up and looked like crap, but it was mine and I loved it. Until someone started it with a bottle cap and stole it.. LOL

Old 07-21-2009, 02:22 PM
JackTheStripper5.9
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it's just a new toy to me though but I'll probably have it for awhile.

My first car was a 86 IROC that needed alot of work so I sold it and got a 96 Camaro 3.8L. I wrecked that and got a similar Firebird which I just traded for the truck. I've also had a 97 Pathfinder too which I loved. It gave such a nice ride and the 4wd was amazing, hell the 2wd was amazing in the snow with the tires I had on it.

Quick Reply: New member