New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

I'm Baaaaaaccccck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:30 PM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes we are glad to have you back

Old 08-06-2009, 05:56 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again guys for the nice words....yes, Alamosa is about 50 miles from the New Mexico Border, maybe 85 miles from Taos. All very pretty country (and easy to get lost in.....on the drive up here bringing my mom, I missed the turn in Chama, NM and ended up in the San Juan Wilderness Area crossing Cumbres Pass at 12,000 feet with snow on the road and me driving my mom's Volvo V70 station wagon......thank goodness it was a new car with new tires.....!!!

Dusty

Old 08-07-2009, 01:26 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by I hate dodge
Hey did you know that Silverado kicks Rams *** it says so in the advertisment? Just wondering.
Advertisments are Advertisments. Chevies cant pull more than a Briggs and Stratton. A Kohler will blow my S-10 away. I wonder what A Honda could do!. What can I say, It is a 2.2?

Saying **** like that on this forum will get you nowhere on this forum. Take your 10YO bull**** to your Chevrolet Forum and stop trolling here. Show some respect, atleast we dont drive Fords!!

BTW the ad doesnt say the Siverado kicks the Rams ***, it says that it gets the same EPA rated mileage, has a lesser 5yr/50,000 mile warranty, while the Ram has lifetime. And did I mention that the 21 mpg comes from the 320 horse 5.3 (I will show some respect: THe LS series is a great motor line), while the rated 21MPG comes from the 380 horse HEMI?
Dont ban him yet, I am already having too much fun!

Last edited by PurplDodge; 08-07-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:55 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I will let the mods take it from here! Dusty do you want your first ban being back?

Old 08-15-2009, 11:49 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ok dusty, the last time you posted any pictures of your property it looked like a vast wide open plain with no buildings, roads, houses, or power poles in sight. did you build a house or cabin yet and are you going to get electricity or rough it without. nosy people want to know.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:34 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Yup, the cabin is up and running on solar, I posted a pic of it when it was 90% completed last September. I didn't drill a well though. The thought of blowing $10,000 or more on a "dry hole" kept me awake too many nights. A cistern was much cheaper and water isn't that expensive.

I rented the cabin out to a Mormon couple this past May since my mom moved to Alamosa. Her health is a day-to-day thing and she needs someone to take her on her weekly hospital visits. Her house is about 1/4 of a mile from the San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center and I just stay in one of the spare bedrooms when I'm not running around the local mountains.

When she's gone I'll sell her place and move back to my cabin. Having a Wal Mart and fast food places nearby is nice, but I miss the solitude (and I HATE mowing the lawn every week!!!!!)

Dusty

Old 08-19-2009, 10:18 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ok, i missed that pic. it was well hidden in the middle of the amanda thread.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/off-top...ats-new-3.html

nice place. best wishes to your mother.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:26 PM
nicolealena
Default Victor Alert

Hello Sir!

i have been hoping you would log in soon so i could catch up with you. i read a post you wrote about Victor Alert and am searching for men who may have known my father, Jeff Alena. he was a VADO at Hahn from 64-68. do you have an email i could send you some photos to? i have found three other VADOs: Ray McCaffrey, Jim "Cal" Caltagirone and Gerry Molloy, as well as a score of other pilots and security people. my email is nicolealena@hotmail.com

love,
nicole

Old 09-01-2009, 04:40 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Hi Nicole,

I'm afraid your dad beat me to Hahn Air Base. I was there from 1977-1980 and worked nuclear security around the "Tab-V's" for most of my stay there. There are a couple of Hahn AB websites for people who were stationed there as well as dependents......

My wife and I lived in Kastellaun in an old hotel the first year we were there and later moved to Sohren at #8 Weststrasse....

We were flying F-4s out of Hahn when I was there and later they switched to F-16s....

Dusty