New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newbie...............

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 04:40 PM
JimmyV123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie...............

Hey,

Names Jim, I have a 98 dodge ram 1500 extended cab sport 2wd. I found this place searching the web looking to find out some info on fixing my truck. I bought my truck from my parents, they bought it new along with a 30 foot camper it's been pulling it's whole life. It's still in excellent condition, just under 140,000 miles and still pulls the camper just fine. Only mods are slightly bigger tires (BF Goodrich rugged trail 265-75-16), a gutted cat (with spark plug non foulers spacing the rear O2, and a flowmaster 50 series delta.

I just wanted to thank all the people that post solutions to problems on here as i was originally thinking I needed to replace my fuel filter due to sluggish acceleration, but after finding some posts on here I tested my MAP sensor, it was reading very low output. I replaced the sensor and WOW!!!!!!!!!!! The truck runs almost like new again! No more flat spots and intermittent lack of power!

I am not a certified mechanic, but have always done my own mechanic work down to complete engine rebuilds and sometimes you run accross things like this that stump you. So thanks for the advice and I'll be on here looking for solutions to any of my problems.