New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Just reached 1 year of Hemi ownership

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 01:53 PM
Ram04Rules
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just reached 1 year of Hemi ownership

Hello to the forum!

Took delivery of my '04 Hemi 1500 Regular cab LWB Laramie 4x4 Atlantic Blue Ram one year ago this week. I couldn't be happier with the truck! I needed an 8-foot bed more than I needed a quad cab. And for my first new vehicle after over 30 years of driving, I wanted it fully loaded for comfort and safety -- heated leather, side airbags, ...the works, since most of my miles are comute miles. I found that only Dodge, with the Laramie, offered leather seats in a regular cab full-size truck. And the Hemi, well that just sealed the deal for me on getting a Ram. I installed the Dodge accessory item Sirius satellite radio package last fall. Love that, too. It mounted in like a true factory installation up under the dash per the instructions. Completely invisible except for the roof-mount antenna. Other antennas are available after-market that do not require a roof mount, but do not work quite as well.

[&o]Unfortunately for Dodge, as good as the truck is, I found the dealerships to be terribly disappointing. I had a good comparison in the Acura dealer, 1/4 mile down the same road, where my wife bought a less expensive '04 TL only 2 months before. Literally a night and day experience. The first Dodge dealership I visited was only 3 miles from my house. They were really busy on that Saturday afternoon in January, and the first person to approach me in the showroom was one of the Sales Managers. When I told him what I wanted to buy, in between his laughter, he got out the words, "Good Luck". Then he proceeded to tell me that if I ordered a truck, instead of buying off-the-lot, I was not eligible for any of the Chrysler rebates or incentives. I left my name and number anyway, but never heard from them again.

As far as the rebates and incentives, none of the three dealers I visited told me the same, or as it turned out, the correct info. I had to force the dealership where I placed my order to set up a 3-way teleconference with Chrysler Financial to get the answer. According to a supervisor at CF, I was entitled to whatever rebates, bonus cash, and/or special interest rates were in effect as of the day I signed the order.

My one service experience after I had the truck was equally as disappointing. From here on out I do my own. But enough about them.

LOVE THE RAM!!!

Old 03-24-2005, 09:06 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: Just reached 1 year of Hemi ownership

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 03-25-2005, 02:33 AM
Fiddle Player
Champion
Default RE: Just reached 1 year of Hemi ownership