New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Site Bug and Expensive keys

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Wendell Hileman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Site Bug and Expensive keys

Hello to everyone in the forum this is'nt my first time being here because i had to create a new account to get back into the forums again !
No matter how many times i changed my pass word i just could'nt get back in and i fallowed the instructions to a T/
I own a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan and a few days ago my Wife managed to loose the last keywe owned to our Dodge Van....the worst part about this she allso lost our first key shortly after we bought our new van.
I called our local dealer wich is a Ford Grage now since Chrysler Dodge closed down some dealers,it just so happened that two dealers i done bisiness with for the last decade was th ones that got the ax/
Anyway i was told i would have to have our van towed to the garage and then they would make and program the key for our van. They said the key would cost $160.00 and $30.00 for the programing (: what a shock but i told them ok and then i had a tow truck tow my van to their location "what else could i do if i ever wanted to drive my van again.

To my surprize the grage called me and said they spoke with Chrysler and i would have to have 1 Keys made because you are supposed to have one key and i did'nt. I was told th whole bill for my two keys would cost $380.00 and i had no choise in the mater what so ever.
They called me within a few hours and told me i could pick my van with 2 keys up wich i did but what a shock the $380.00 was becausei could have bought enough hard coal to fire my Keystoker all Winter.
I feel this was one big rip off.
have a nice day

Quick Reply: Site Bug and Expensive keys