New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Ram owner, Mopar aficionado

Old 08-13-2009, 11:52 AM
P57
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ram owner, Mopar aficionado

Hello all,
I just took delivery of an 09 Ram QC 4x4 Sport canadian edition in black last Saturday. I'm in Ottawa, Canada and I stated canadian edition, since the sport grille surround is already colour [canadian spelling] matched and has black honeycomb.

It has the 5.7L MDS 5spd auto stick
Dual exhaust
Bucket seats
Leather steering wheel, and dash
RES system Sirius
20 inch rims
3.92 axle
Tow kit
Remote start and security group
121L tank [not sure how it converts to gallons, but it's the bigger one]

Most of this stuff is STD equipment, but the US and CDN models differ. ie. we don't have the TRX trim.

I'll post pics as soon as I can. Only took me 24 from test drive to convincing wife to buying. It had 5km when I tested and 12km once done. I believe, other than the manufacturer/delivery guys, I am the only driver, ever, for this one.

I traded in my 02 Dakota that had a fair amount of mods on it. Not sure what I will do with the Ram yet, but here is what the Dakota had.

02 Dakota Sport ext cab black
4x2 V6 magnum 5spd std
18in front and 19in back
Hotchkis TVS system with Bilstein tuned shocks
Leer 700 tonneau
Mopar bed liner
Magnaflow 3" cat back SS exhaust
Volant CAI
Blue LED gauge mod
Pioneer System with iPod integration through glove box
De-badged
Rollpan

Before anyone jumps.

Wish I still had pics of it. Got a virus and lost em all. Might have a few from early to mid mods from another HD. I'll check if there is any interest.

Anyway, here is my long intro, That's me. Looking forward to getting some info from the Ram folks and starting on some mods.
Might not be till next spring, since the winters are for modding my Honda Hawk GT and summer is for the trucks. Can't be without wheels too long and my garage won't fit the Ram and have space to wrench on it.

Here are some of my planned mods when I get the chance.

- PowerCore™ Air Intake System by Volant

- LineX liner
- LT Sport Cover

That's pretty much all I have in mind right now. Originally I was getting the SLT, so most of my ideas were to go for the Sport look. Back to the drawing board.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:42 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to DF P57! Sounds like a decently loaded truck! and that you need a a bigger garage, lol

Old 08-13-2009, 02:57 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. Be sure to check out the fourth generation Ram section and this: http://www.inertiamotorsports.com/ for some cool upgrades,
FF

Old 08-19-2009, 09:00 PM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum... whats up with all these new 09 hemi's???? i wish I could have one lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Ram owner, Mopar aficionado