New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Performance suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Lester in Spring Texas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Performance suggestions?

I have an '09 4 dr Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi. It only has 1200 miles on it. What will give the most bang for the buck? Does removeing the resonators help or should I get a Borla muffler? Does the programmer REALLY help? My neighbor swears that his truck has more power with out it. Is there a front sway bar available? There is too much body roll. So many questions. As you can tell this is my first Dodge truck. All info or links greatly appreciated.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:14 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

A programmer will help out, but to maximize if effectiveness you will need to make the engine more efficient. Adding exhaust headers, cold air intake, and a cat-back will make the engine "breath" better. Put higher cams, longer pushrods, and ported cylinder heads and it difinately move. You will need to go to a dynomometer to dial the programmer in or to fine tune it. You truck may be too new for many aftermaket exhaust system upgrades such as Borla, JBA, Gibson, TTI and Magnaflow. Removing the resonator will make it louder and may marginally improve the back pressure,
FF

Old 08-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Lester in Spring Texas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Performance suggestions?