New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New from Washington

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 01:23 AM
STiRocket
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Washington

Hi...

I hope this grows into a long relationship (as I have a lot to learn). I haven't bought my truck yet, because I'm still researching. I'm leaning towards a '98 through 2003 Ram 2500 quad door, because I want the extended cab, the V10, and I need a long box to put my big camper on. I have a friend at work that speaks highly of his '98, and I respect his opinion. His only complaint is warped front rotors.

My current truck is a '79 Silverado 3/4 ton with a 454, so I need something comparable. The poor old boy is 30 years old and I'm the third owner. It's near death and isn't worth reviving.

I've worked on cars most of my 57 years so I'm not afraid of a little grease under my fingernails.

My fun car is a 2005 Subaru WRX STi. I track it and autocross when I get the time. Here's a pic of us out at Pacific Raceways...

I probably won't contribute too much for a while since I have a lot of searching and reading to do, so that's all for now...

Old 09-19-2009, 09:06 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 09-19-2009, 08:54 PM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice little ride there, welcome to the forum

Old 10-11-2009, 02:15 AM
STiRocket
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

schusterjo, thanks, the STi is a lot of fun particularly out on the track.

Good/bad news... I found a 2001.5 Ram 2500 Quad Cab, SLT Plus, Long bed, with a V10, but it was down in Florida and I'm up by Seattle. The truck has about 45,000 miles on it and is immaculate. The seller paid for shipping ($1,678.00) and for a Dodge dealership 33 point inspection and compression test on all 10 cylinders ($210). Everything looked good so I bought it and it arrived yesterday. The truck is absolutely beautiful, here are a couple pics...

The main problem I will have to deal with is coolant loss. The dealer inspection said that the thermostat housing was leaking, and it is. However when the truck came off the transporter the coolant reservoir was empty. Looks like it may be a cracked head because the thermostat housing isn't leaking that much. I filled the coolant reservoir with antifreeze because the radiator only had water in it. After driving it around 40 miles the reservoir is down half way to the fill mark. What are my options if the head/s are cracked?

Quick Reply: New from Washington