New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:39 PM
lotstolearn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum

Hey There,
I'm new here (just joined) and know that I have a lot to learn from you guys. I'm excited to see all of the cool things going on and really sink my teeth into things. One question I have to get things started is about car care. I am looking for the easiest way to keep my dodge clean and waxed. When I bought my car the salesman suggested the absorber. I've never tried it and thought I would ask for your feedback before I spend the money. Let me know what you think. Thanks!!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:41 AM
srountreeoo7
Professional

Welcome to the site and make sure to fill out your signature so we know what mods you have on your ride.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:53 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. Check out the 'detailing' section. I only hand wash my car with a natural sponge and use a chamois (never use terry cloth towels) to dry. Use two buckets: one for suds and one for discharge filled with clean water. This will minimize swirls and scratches. Also, I like to clay bar the car, polish it, wax it, the apply a paint sealant 12 hours later (wax needs to cure). This will give it a deep, rich, wet looking shine.
Name:  DSC02523.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  224.3 KB

After the paint sealant is applied, it will last 6 mounths compared to a wax that lasts weeks,
FF

Old 09-27-2009, 05:58 PM
lotstolearn

Hey There,
Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I will be sure to check out that car care thread and take the advice in it. Thanks again!

Old 09-27-2009, 11:31 PM
pizzo
All Star

Welcome to the site
I washed my truck again and it rained again three days in a row wash it then it rains wtf

Old 09-28-2009, 05:47 AM
Longrun1

You are welcome to the board.

Quick Reply: New to Forum