New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Since i never really made one of these...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 06:51 PM
98Blue-Ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Since i never really made one of these...

I joined Dodge Forum a few days ago without making a post here, so here it goes!

My name is Nick, and i just turned 16 and bought my first vehicle, a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport in August. I have been through hell and back with this truck, emotionally anyway.

/Begin rant/
The first week of the new school year i drove to school for the first time. I was so happy, my life was going great; I had saved my money as far as i can remember(i never like to spend my money) and i had bought a very nice first vehicle. My truck was probably in the top 5 nicest vehicles there(apart from the rich kids whose parents bought them new cars). Yes it is a little rusty, but that's what Michigan weather does to vehicles. At the end of the first week, the unthinkable happened. My truck was keyed from the middle of the door all the way back to the tailgate. The key mark went way down into the primer, and parts went into the metal. I was devastated. I talked to the principal, "bla bla theres nothing that they can do bla bla." So i go another week; it happens again. This time from the headlights down to the rear wheel, making a nice X shape in the passenger side of my truck. Next week after that, it happens for a 3rd time. This time the retard decided to key it vertically, and it looked like an X with a I through it(not pictured). At this point i was going crazy. I had saved up all of my christmas and birthday money for most of my life and bought something nice, and someone screws it up and there is nothing i can do to stop it. The school finally lets me park by the auto shop instead of the student parking lot, and it finally stops. To this date it has not happened again.

I did learn something out of this though, i can now "somewhat" repair scratches. Here are some Before and After pictures.
/End rant

Here is a picture of part of one of the key marks, and my new tires

Here is a picture of the side of my trucks bed

Here is a broader picture

And another

And after I attempted to fix them

I can only see part of one of them if i am looking for it, and at a certain angle.

Anyway that's the story of My Truck and I.

Thanks

Old 11-10-2009, 08:05 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I always take my wifes truck to the store, gun range, ect. so mine stays nice and shiny. Some people have no respect for others belongings and hopefully one day their time will come,
FF

Old 11-10-2009, 08:37 PM
09RAM4WD
Professional

I hate people who are ignorant like that and have no respect for others, they should get there *** kicked..

anyway nice truck

Old 11-11-2009, 12:02 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

welcome nice truck and good choice for your first one. my truck has been keyed before and it does suck. some people are chicken **** and too afraid to confront you in person. good job cleaning it up. they will get theirs one day

Old 11-11-2009, 09:17 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

When I worked law enforcement my SRT-4 got keyed while it was in a parking garage. I found out later another cop had done it.....you can't trust anyone.

Dusty

Quick Reply: Since i never really made one of these...