New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Another WV boy

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:17 AM
BFlora1977
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another WV boy

Hey guys and thanks for such a site.good to be here.

I am the proud(not really proud at this moment,but thats why im here)owner of a 1987 Dodge D150 longbed 2wd.Slant six,blue with black trim.I rescued this truck out of a flooded field near where i live and have replaced darn near everything on the truck.unfortunatley,things still pop up to this very day(four yrs after acquiring the truck)that i still scratch my head about.I am not the most mechanically inclined fella.

To the point...my electrical system has went screwy.Replaced the alternator..so that shouldnt be an issue.replaced the battery.The problem is...engine running,all lights work however my blinker will not blink with the headlights on and also when i put the blinker on it kills the radio.engine off,blinkers work fine and radio works fine.battery will not hold a charge.everytime i get the thing running,i pull one of the battery cables and the truck dies(my understanding was it should run off the alternator).checked the alternator cables and think i have them on the correct tabs......

also,while rebuilding the vacuum line system within the dashboard,i noticed a white box behind and to the right of the glovebox.it was unplugged.have no idea what this box does but i went ahead and plugged it back in .Any ideas?

Old 12-03-2009, 11:38 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF