New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Slow moving newbie

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 08:48 AM
nomorejnk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow moving newbie

I admit that I don't always get things done that fast or in the right order. I have been a member here for some time and have made a couple posts (thanks for the great help so far), AND I am just now getting around to introducing myself here (normally the first things newbies should do).

I have owned several Dodges over the years and with the exception of one, have loved them all. I currently own a 1992 Dakota Club Cab with approximately 133,000 miles. Like many three-owner trucks with over 100,000 miles, it need some tlc but overall it is a great truck. I am sure that I will be asking some questions off and on since it has been some time since I worked on trucks and not houses or garden tractors.

Now then, I am from West Central Iowa - born and raised here. I collect lots of antiques from furniture to vintage garden tractors.
I also like to fish when I get time and tour the area checking out antique shops and looking for bargains. I also carry on a tradition that our family started years ago to decorate our house and yard heavily for Christmas -- for those in my area, my house glows at night when the Christmas lights are on.

I have worked in construction for close to 30 years and have been a carpenter doing re-models for close to 20 years now -- worked in commercial flooring and tile prior and off and on when carpentry work was slow.

I look forward to learning from and contriubuting to topics here. Having this forum will make working on my truck and our company truck (1996 1-ton) much easier.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion

Welcome back and ask a way.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:13 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 12-18-2009, 01:19 PM
nomorejnk

Thanks for the warm Welcome. I am getting the feeling that I will be speiding some time under my truck -- between the neglected maintenance items and those that my shop overlooked, I am and will be busy.

Shop said that the sway bar linkage was needing repair - they should have looked closer, it wasn't the sway bar it was the front wheel bearings that were SHOT. Good thing I was only driving locally and not out on the highway, I might not be here to enjoy this forum. My weekend will be busy with getting ready for Christmas and replacing what is left of the wheel bearings (and there isn't much, luckily no major damage anywhere else).

Old 12-19-2009, 09:24 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 12-20-2009, 12:06 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

glad to have ya. see you around

Quick Reply: Slow moving newbie