New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New guy in town.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 02:02 PM
jlistunner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy in town.

I bought my first new automobile in 97. Not only was this my first new vehicle, it was my first Dodge Dakota. I liked the new body style on the Dakotas and the room that they offered (I was driving an 82 Chevy S-10) so I decided to buy one. It was a 1997 Dodge Dakota Club Cab, 3.9 V6, Sport package, Flame Red, 2wd, had 65 miles on it when purchased. I had it until 2002 when I traded it in for a 2001 Grand Am. Don't ask me why I did it. I honestly wasn't in the right frame of mind at the time. The truck only had 32k miles on it when I traded it in. Fast forward to March of this year and guess what happens. The wife and I were looking for her a newer car one night when we came across a sharp looking 4wd, QC, Dakota. I was in love, but I really didn't bother with it because we were looking for something for the little lady and I wasn't about to upset her. The next day I come home from work and the little wife informs me that I definitely need to test drive that truck (she had already test drove it herself that day). I am shocked and excited at what she did and said. I will say that I wasn't surprised because she honestly spoils the heck out of me. Anyway, I test drive it on over to the original one time owners business to ask some questions about the truck (found out that the original owner is my insurance agent, awesome). He tells me there is nothing wrong with it and it runs great, which I know I can trust him (his secretary is my sister). Well, we go back and do credit check, go home, with the truck, for the night hoping that all the signs are good and we can finalize everything the next day. Next day everything is in order and now I am the happy owner of a 2000 Dakota Quad Cab, 4.7 V8, 4wd, SLT plus package, 64k miles, totally loaded (only thing missing is leather seats), sprayed in Rhino bed liner, tow package, spare rim matches other 4 rims. BTW, the original owner did tell me that he gave around $30,000 for the truck brand new and that the only option he didn't get was leather seats. Guess what my trade-in was: the 2001 Grand Am (I don't miss it). I love this truck and feel I got a great deal. I know it's a gas monster but I honestly don't care. I look forward to fishing, hunting, hauling the family around, and hell, even, just driving to work. I look forward to finding out new things about my truck and what other Dakota owners know and have experienced with theirs. It's great to be a Dodge Dakota Owner again.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New guy in town.

WELCOME to the site!! I hope you'll visit us often!! Got any pics to share?

~Amanda

Old 04-15-2005, 09:03 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

sprayed in Rhino bed liner,
That stuff owns. I'm glad you could join the site! You should hook your wife to Dodgeforum as well. lol

-Matt-

Old 04-16-2005, 01:27 AM
Vader
Champion

Welcome to the site, Enjoy

Old 04-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Mopar Performance
Record Breaker