New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 01:18 AM
BBHP13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

Hello All. Just wanted to introdce myself. I am and avid Impala SS guy. Yeah, I know...go ahead and flame me! Anyway, I currently own a 2002 Durango SLT 4x4 too. Its my second one. I had a 1999 SLT before this one. Absolutly love them. Just the right size for me.

Since my Impala is now modified to the extent that it can no longer be a daily driver, I am looking forward to the introduction of the 2004.5/2005 Magnum R/T for my new project. I sure hope it meets my expectations. I just wish they had offered more choices in rear gear ratios though. Oh well, thats what the aftermarket if for...right? And whats up with this MDS stuff? That is going to suck. Anyone working on a way around this yet?

Anyway, I will try to be a productive of a member as I can. I look forward to hearing what you folks have to say.

Murray

Old 02-18-2004, 01:33 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Member

Hahaha... no flaming here... but WELCOME!! Glad you could join us!! We have another Impala and Durango guy on this forum... we don't judge. LOL! Hope to see you often... and post pics of your rides... even the SS, we'd love to see!!

~Amanda

Old 02-18-2004, 10:40 AM
Vader
Champion

Welcome Murray, your Impala sounds awesome, post some pics and enjoy the site.

Old 02-18-2004, 09:03 PM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

Welcome to the site. I like the Impala SS, what year? What all have you done to it?

Old 02-19-2004, 12:07 AM
BBHP13

Thanks all for the welcome. As for the SS, its a 95, 4:56 rear gears, lowered, linear rate springs, HUGE swaybars, stiff shocks, aluminum rear trailing arms, GT rotors, PF +4 pads, 285/40/17's all around, aluminum driveshaft, coverted to a T56 borg warner 6 speed transmission, kevlar clutch, hooker exhaust, shorty headers, no cats, custom program in the computer, Comp 305 cam, Comp RR 1.6 RR's, Aluminum heads w/2.00 1.56 valves ported, ported intake, 52mm TB, composite valve covers, other engine dress from the Vette, cold air intake, Caddy carpet, Bonneville seats, old school Alpine head unit/amps/changer, Alpine rear comps, CDT front coms, 10" Alpine, 62 emblems and a few other "secret" mods.......

The Durango is bone stock. Gotta keep it that way for the wife ya know! I know the SS doesn't sound like its too modified, but driving it in the Chicago traffic is a pain. Not to mention that it is impossible to drive in the snow!

Thanks again for the welcome.

Old 02-19-2004, 12:11 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

That car sounds really neat, those '94-'96 SS Impalas are really cool looking.

Quick Reply: New Member