New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Not new, but new vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 12:00 AM
five.nine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not new, but new vehicle

My Fiance' just got a new car. Well, not new as in brand new, but new as in new to us. Her trusty 1996 Honda Civic was finally starting to make her wonder, after almost ten years of ownership since it was new. She loved her Civic, but it was too small for all of us, and didn't have enough power. With 180,000 miles on it, it still over 20 mpg. it was just time for something new. We looked all over local lots, and private owners, but couldn't really find what she wanted. Then a family friend bought a new Magnum, HEMI of course, and instead of trading his very loaded 2001 Intrepid R/T, and taking a loss, he decided to just sale it out right to someone. That someone, luckily, was us. He sold it to us for payoff, which was $7200. Sorry I don't have pictures tonight, she just got it, and it's dark in Georgia. I'll post some as soon as I take them. I don't really like the color, it's gold, but it's still a very nice car.

Old 04-21-2005, 01:06 AM
Vader
Champion
Default RE: Not new, but new vehicle

Good luck with it.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:26 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

What mods are done to it?

-Matt-

Old 04-21-2005, 08:38 PM
five.nine

The only thing he ever did to it was change the original filter to a K&N. Nothing else is modified. He had a full tune up done on it last weekend with all Mopar parts. Everything else is Mopar except the oil, and it's Mobile 1 Synthetic, which will stay that way. I'm not sure if the color is original, it's the only gold Intrepid R/T I've ever seen. It looks original, and I don't remember him having an accident or anything. Besides, who would paint a dark red car to gold?

Old 04-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Mopar Performance
Record Breaker

congrads

Quick Reply: Not new, but new vehicle