New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

All around newbie

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 11:54 AM
dissociative
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All around newbie

First time Dodge truck owner. Bought a 1995 Dodge 2500 4x4 last week that runs good overall but needs minor work of course. One problem i found when pulling into work the other day was a hole in the tank that they patched, but not very well and was leaking the 10 gallons I just put in. There was JB Weld on it and silicone (no clue why) over that. So I got some tank patch from the parts store and got it home, and re patched it when it was dry and clean with that and put JB Weld over the area to stiffen it up a bit. I have found some tanks online but not for the exact year. Are there changes in the 26 gallon for newer years? Would a 26 gallon tank from a 1999 1500 work? Here is a photo of my new project/hobby. Also the gas gauge doesn't work. I have seen some sending unit replacements so I will do that when i put the new tank in. Thanks in advance for any help. I know close to nothing about Dodge parts.

Attached Thumbnails All around newbie-03122010.jpg  
Old 03-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Midnight Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to D.Forum.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:30 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. Check out the Ram sections,