New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Just ordered my 2010 RAM 2500 CTD

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 01:24 AM
fortkentdad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just ordered my 2010 RAM 2500 CTD

I'm new to this forum, but not to forums in general.

I'm currently driving an 08 RAM 1500 Hemi - enjoyed this truck for the last two years, lease expires in June. In 09 we bought a "half ton towable" Rockwood travel trailer. Sadly, they did not say "barely half ton towable". I was disappointed in the pulling power of the Hemi. Driving the truck on it's own is great - but hook up to a 7500# trailer and head up a steep hill - not so much fun. Also the trailer is 33' long so there was a lot of sway to be controlled.

Now the 1500 was an upgrade from the 06 Dakota - but that's ancient history. Let's just say where I live it's winter 6 months of the year, it ain't no place for a 2x4 pickup - 4x4 earn their keep in the part of the world.

SO - knowing the 08 lease is up, and wanting to camp in the mountains, I've ordered a 2010 CTD Laramie 2500 Mega Cab - pretty much fully loaded, meaning I skipped the backseat DVD (no kids) and the bucket seats - prefer the middle seat to the consol. Basically we got the works, moon roof, back up camera, nav system, heated leather, upgraded mirrors, side steps etc. Even running on Nitro Tires - never done that before.

Loved the jake brake on the test drives. We tried both the 2500 and the 3500, only $1,000 more to go up to the 3500 but the backend really bounces on the rough roads (brought it back all muddy opps). The 2500 has a smoother ride and for what we want the 2500 is more than capable of pulling my travel trailer - with power to spare.

Will add a few accessories when it arrives, for example we passed on the factory installed box liner - will get one installed. And I want fancy mudflaps, and a tool box and/or tonne cover.

SO Now how long do I have to wait. Still have 12 weeks left on the lease so hopefully the new truck comes in about 11 weeks? Maybe it will arrive on my birthday late in May?

Have a long maiden voyage planned to visit our son and new grandchild in Mississippi - figure on 9000 km's for that trip (5000 mi or thereabouts). Taking it byGlacier NP and Yellowstone NP en route. Air conditioning better work well because we are heading down into the deep south in August.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:38 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 03-31-2010, 09:25 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 03-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Midnight Runner
Champion

Welcome to D.Forum.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my 2010 RAM 2500 CTD