New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

too many pumps to little knowledge

Old 05-08-2010, 09:52 PM
mechNOT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face too many pumps to little knowledge

i have recently done some mods to my old 98.5 24 v edge juice w/a ,new intake elbow , brute force cold air intake and flow master exhaust....anyway what i have found is that my lift pump is only showing about 7-8 psi at idle and when i jump on it it drops off to as low as 1....as soon as i seen this, i needless to say put the juice back to stock and stopped any rapid starts..however my questions are these..
1-can the vp44 draw enough fuel on its own to register these readings on the juice monitor or is that impossible?
2- ..either way, with thoes psi readings im going to replace the lift pump to avoid destroying my injector pump.The lift is either had the biscut or is just not pump enuf to handel the new demand. I have looked at alot of things from the AD raptor, fass ddrp, airdog 100/150 and fass platinum series. i dont want to spen TONS but i want something decent does anyone have any advice or ideas?

Old 05-09-2010, 07:56 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. The guys in the Ram sections should be able to help you,
FF

Old 05-09-2010, 01:05 PM
mechNOT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ty will check it out

Search this Thread