New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New dodge owner in Alaska here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Nikato
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New dodge owner in Alaska here.

Hey guys and gals. Just got a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 last week in a trade (traded my 1998 S10 chevy blazer with a guy that had a family and needed space while I just wanted a dodge truck) and I love it! I've never been the kind of guy that goes "vehicle crazy" over their ride (like, wanting to deck it out and stuff) but for some reason...I totally want to with this thing!

It's got 138k miles on it and the paint job is wearing and its only a v6 but I still love it. It also has a nice sound system in it, though I am currently in the process of trying to figure out why the passenger speaker isn't working right (I got new speakers just to be sure but the problem is still there. Only plays when the sound is really loud/bass is loud and even then its scratch or what ever).

Things I am planning on doing to this pup:

1.) Fix the speakers. It has an aftermarket deck and an amp + subwoofer in it. If I can fix the passenger speaker it will be great (to me anyways).

2.) Paint it. I want to do this myself, not sure how but i'll look it up. I am wanting to pain it black and have my wife help me come up with some Venom (from spider-man) paint stencils and deck it out.

3.) Add these to the hood: http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ram/Lun...-PRD26156.aspx

4.) Install new headlights and brake lights.

5.) Add a louder muffler, maybe change the horn (saw a post from a guy on here that replaced his horn with an air horn, sounded cool).

Yeah. A lot of stuff, don't know how much I can really do since I am also saving up for a motorcycle (cruiser, preferably a v-star) but the point is that I am excited about this and totally want to do it!

First I got to take care of that speaker though =\.

Anyways hello everyone and I hope to become a regular here and learn more about the awesome dodge vehicle. =)

Old 05-12-2010, 09:24 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 05-12-2010, 06:30 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 05-13-2010, 05:23 AM
Nikato

Thanks both of you =).

Just felt like reporting that I can mark off the first thing on my list. Fixed my trucks audio and it sounds great!

Quick Reply: New dodge owner in Alaska here.