New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

hello pround owner of an 88 d100

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:51 PM
superdad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello pround owner of an 88 d100

hello my name is ron just got me an 88 dodge d100 and I only have one problem with it. no a/c it has freon but the compressor does not move. i checked voltage at the connector to the compressor nothing is there a relay somewhere on the drivers side if so which one is it. second on the passenger side fire wall there is a block where one of the hoses from the compressor hooks into is that the pressure switch if so I have checked voltage there to and its good so I guess it is somewhere between the relay or between the pressure switch and compressor sorry for the long intro I checked the forum and did a search for an answer but didn't find anything. any help would be greatly appreciated. ty in advance
If the compressor is not turning, make sure the magnetic clutch engages when energized. Underlying problems here may include a bad relay, fuse, wiring problem or a defective clutch. If the clutch fails to cycle on and off when the A/C is turned on, jumping the clutch lead with a jumper wire from the battery will show if the problem is in the clutch or elsewhere. If the clutch engages, the problem is the clutch power supply (relay, fuse, wiring, switch or control module). Refer to a wiring diagram and work backward toward the battery to find out why the voltage is not getting through

ok can someone tell me when it says to jump the cluch if it mean take a wire from both the - and + from the battery and jump it to the connector coming off the compressor if so what side of the connector is the + if you are face the compressor is it the right side or left side

Last edited by superdad; 05-19-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:08 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Quick Reply: hello pround owner of an 88 d100