New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Fng 2 df

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 04:31 PM
jeffersonhills
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fng 2 df

Ok. Alright. I have recently purchased a 1970 D 200. Campers Special. Its ugly as hell for now, but plans are being made for a full rebuild and definitely paint.

My first problem has already reared its head in the form of a Brake Switch. Yeah, the little guy underneath the dash. It doesn't work of course, and since it is old as dirt, not even the dealerships carry the little $9 part. I would probably pay $20 or so if I could find one.

I am a Dodge fan through and through. I gotta say that the old Fords are nicer looking, but for power and all the goodies, you can't beat an old Dodge. Notice I said old. I'm not a big fan of anything these days. Our Pilot gets great gas mileage, but if it were involved in a serious accident I fear my family wouldn't stand a chance. But with my DODGE, HA HA HA HA, no one else stand a chance against me.

I have been through an '82 3/4 ton; an '88 1/2 ton; and now I am rolling a Sweptline I have been told. Its ugly green with a white cab. The paint will be Cream on Classic Red. And the motor will be moderatley enhanced. Hopefully RamAir. It will be fun to finally actually "DO IT" instead of talk about how fun it would be.

Anyhow, if anyone reads this and has any tips or pointers for that gen. of D-series P/U's, let me know. Also, if you happen to trip over a brake switch for my 1970 d-200, 318ci/5.2L, please be so kind as to point me in that direction. It is necessary for inspection(one of the only things) here in Texas

Old 06-24-2010, 04:51 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 06-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Viperx7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum.