New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New here!! need info 1996 ram hightop conversion van

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 02:17 AM
steffanie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New here!! need info 1996 ram hightop conversion van

Hi everyone, I am new here and I am starting research for my many projects concerning my "new to me" transportation....
I am looking for sound advice and good information. I was blessed with a 1996 Dodge Ram Hightop Conversion Van -my husband says the motor is a 2500. I NEED to replace the air compressor, IT'S COMPLETELY DEAD (pronto- I live in Florida!! ZONE 10--HOT HOT HOT!!) This was given to me by family and I am familiar with the van. I am concerned about the power of the airflow and the very back of the van not getting enough cold air. Having rode in the back before it was given to me, I know that it doesnt cool as well in the back. I am a school teacher and my van will be used to transport special needs students on a regular basis, so I want the rear of the van to be as comfortable as possible.
My question for now is, are there different strengths of compressors? If so, would I be silly to get one that could be stronger than the factory assigned one? (if its even possible...) This is a Big vehicle, and some air vents are placed easily about 12 ft from the motor area. Is there something else that works with the compressor to move the air also? I have decided that no matter what, I will be purchasing a NEW compressor rather than a rebuilt one and I am seeking to educate myself first before contacting any kind of repair shop.
I have more questions about things it needs but I'll hold those for now. Thank you anyone and everyone for any helps in educating me about this. Steffanie

Old 07-02-2010, 07:56 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. Check out the Van sction,
FF

Old 07-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Viperx7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum.