New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Somewhat new here

Old 07-15-2010, 02:27 PM
1999_Durango_SLT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Somewhat new here

Well I really never formally introduced myself so here it goes......

My name's Charlie and really enjoy my 1999 Durango. Nothing is special about it as it is all factory specs right now. Besides the 31 x 10.5 BF Goodwrench tires I have on it. It is a 5.2L and has only 118k on it. I plan on doing a little work here and there as time and money allows me more money than time as I have more time than money (currently fighting for SSDI). Last year we were going to trade this thing off for a RAM or Dakota but when we heard the news some time back that they weren't going to make anymore of them we knew then and there we were going to keep it and get it nice looking. It naturally sits about 2' off the road roughly. Would post some pics but I need to get the drivers side door replaced as there is a big dent in it from 4x4'ing in the woods and bumped a tree it was really wet and muddy I always tell anyone that wants a solid truck to seriously think about getting a D as they are pretty tough and being that tough is hard to come by too. I plan on this Feb to get the door replaced and a Flowmaster exhaust system with a new Magnaflow Ceramic Cat replaced too. Not sure on the series as all I heard and seen were the 40's? I'll start a new thread over that thow after this as I like to get all the details needed.

Anyhow I am a 37 year old married man with Disc Degenerative Desiese along with a lot of other spinal issues so many it makes you wonder how I do it as far as getting around etc...

My wife is also a big D lover too. Any how I already made a few help post and my D's running smooth and clean all I had to do to it to keep it running since the day I bought it was:

Replace the serpentine belt, engine flush, radiator flush, New tires, new brakes, new rotors, new drums, Alternator, Battery, Lifter intake #5 was bad so replaced that along with replacing the rod too,

Next on my list:

Reman motor and replace the starter, distributor and such, Reman Tranny, replace the water pump then too. Replace Shocks and Ball Joints as well. Get a new factory color paint job then add the Grill guard that will also protect the lights and get the tailights with the same thing.

After that I figure with good routine maintenance it'll serve me good for life. Well that is pretty much it with me that I can think of now. I am not a very smart man but I know a few things. By the way A friend and I will be doing all the above too besides the door replacement.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:17 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 07-15-2010, 04:08 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Charlie!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 07-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Viperx7
Veteran

Welcome to the forum.

Search this Thread