New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

need carb advice for old dodge 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 03:26 PM
timh651
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need carb advice for old dodge 4X4

I recently got an old dodge 4x4 with a 318 motor and a two barrel carburetor. I think it's a 1977. The carburetor that is on it isn't the origional one. I tried to rig up a cable to make it a manual choke with out much success. The guy I bought the truck off of said the carburetor has an electric choke. I'm not sure if this is true or not but the carb does have some electric wires on it. What I'm wondering is what do all these wires do? Are they for the choke? How do I hook them up?

Attached Thumbnails need carb advice for old dodge 4X4-img_0677s.jpg   need carb advice for old dodge 4X4-img_0682s.jpg   need carb advice for old dodge 4X4-img_0678s.jpg  
Old 09-25-2010, 08:29 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If it is a Holley you can ship it to them and they will restore it. The base of the intake manifold will have a well for the electric choke, but a manual choke carb will work with a electric choke and not the other way around,
FF

Old 09-25-2010, 08:48 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum and good luck with the carbs!!

Dusty

Old 09-26-2010, 09:36 AM
timh651

Originally Posted by fascistfaction
If it is a Holley you can ship it to them and they will restore it. The base of the intake manifold will have a well for the electric choke, but a manual choke carb will work with a electric choke and not the other way around,
FF
I'm not sure what kind of carburetor it is. I just know that it's a two barrel. The engine has an aluminum edelbrock intake manifold on it and the carb is attached by an adaptor plate. Can you look at the posted pictures and tell me what kind of carb I have? I know I could get a new edelbrock carb and put it on there but their about $300 and I would like to get this carb to work if possible as I don't have a lot of money.

Quick Reply: need carb advice for old dodge 4X4