New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

First car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 01:27 AM
classicfan1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First car!

Well, I turned 17 in July and have been on a wild goose chase for 2 years roughly trying to get a car-or a job. I have had no luck with the latter. I'll stick to my reselling antiques for now.

Anyway, I now have the old family car, we bought it new. It is a 1998 Dodge Stratus with 265,000+ miles. It needs it's first transmission rebuild among other things. It kicked the bucket and was replaced last Nov. and sat, we moved, took the car with us and I decided to fix it. What a leap! Not so bad, last weekend, for the first time in almost a year, the car started up under it's own power. I turned in the old Mopar Power Pro 6 battery to a junkyard and for $30, I got a refurbished battery (basically the plates are cleaned) and it comes with 6-mo. warranty. Not bad! This weekend I plan tackle a complete fluid change. I DO NOT trust oil that sat for that long, I also have to put some fresh gas in the tank to dilute the rest of the old gas. The old gas is causing the car to idle terribly, I put some in last week, but it wasn't enough to balance out. Coolant, P.S., all will be changed. Some fluids haven't been touched in a long time. I may also tackle a bad cooling fan, which causes the car to overheat when sitting traffic jams.

Anyway, that is my story for now, hopefully this forum an help me with any questions I may have. I also need to find a parts car for a few things, but I can't now!

Old 10-02-2010, 06:53 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 10-02-2010, 09:10 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 10-08-2010, 11:10 PM
classicfan1
Rookie

I'll get a chance to do some work on it tomorrow. Anyone know how to do a flush on the radiator? I have change the coolant AND replace a cooling fan. Thanks!