New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Detroit, checkin in...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 01:47 AM
BlkdOuT98Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detroit, checkin in...

I've been a Ford guy all my life. Mostly Mustangs, but a couple F-150's, one 4x4 5.4. Lived in back woods Virginia for a while, loved our muddin trucks down there. Been stuck in leasing for 10+ yrs., wanted to buy a truck outright, got my 2nd kid on the way in the next couple weeks, needed just a lil bit of room. Couldn't find anything but junk in used Ford's (yeah, now I know). My Father-in-law works for Chrysler, and 2 of my Uncles, and my cousin all drive Rams, from med. duty to heavy hauling multiple horses and misc. ranch stuff. I've never even touched a Dodge, but gut said it was time to after everything they all had to say about long term, the 360, and Dodge in general. First look on Truck Trader, I found a 98, 360, 4x4 Sport, QC, and... black, match flat cab. Went to see, gave cash the next morning! Only 86,000 and she purrs like a big, pissed off kitty cat. I love this truck, and I stole it! Few quirks I'm still working out, it sat for a while. btm of doors are rusted, but not high, easy fix (I am mechanically, technologically, "engineeringly" inclined ). Got a tranny issue throwing me off... I'll search before posting about it. Otherwise, I've changed both engine/tranny fluids/filters, wires, plugs (yeah, that was fun), cap (stop, you're killing me) out and I'm in love. Plans to "black" her out, and just getting to know her, so mods soon enough. Saw some great info for a Dodge newb like me on here from some google searches on my issues... Thanks! I look forward to learning the way

Work in Downtown Detroit, in news, but I'm NOT a journalist! I shoot and edit features. Live next door to where I grew up in the burbs. My truck is not typical of what is usually parked in the parking garage, and that makes me smile. I make beemers quiver... Otherwise, it's bow season and I'm in the woods on Sundays. Hit me up, especially if you've got a good hunt spot in and/or around SE Michigan... lol

Attached Thumbnails Detroit, checkin in...-truck.jpg  
Old 10-20-2010, 08:12 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 10-20-2010, 09:25 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Quick Reply: Detroit, checkin in...