New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

FIRST TRUCK newbie..... lil help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Nonova
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIRST TRUCK newbie..... lil help?

New to trucks; not new to forums. Just got my first truck earlier this month - Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4WD Quad Cab 2003.

Name:  Truck08-10-10.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  99.7 KB

I'm joining a few of these forums to find out which one is most useful. I'm looking at getting some after-market wheels and tires - perhaps used as I don't want to spend a fortune. I've noticed you can find some really good deals on these forums as opposed to ebay or craigslist. How many forums should I be checking out if I'm looking for private seller threads? This can be pretty overwhelming for someone like me who doesn't know jack about trucks. I'm possibly interested in selling my OEM 20 chrome rims - I'll have to figure out how to do that eventually. One thing at a time, I guess. Any help would be appreciated.

-Nonova

Old 11-03-2010, 11:41 PM
jake7
All Star

Good looking truck.

You can put your wheels on Craigslist to sell. Free and easy and done locally so dont have to worry about shipping. I've traded after market wheels for stock 20's and traded the chrome stock 20's for the alloy stock 20's all on CL. So give it a try.

There is plenty to be done to any truck just depends on what you want and how much you're willing to spend. So far all the mods done to my truck have came off CL except for my stereo.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:05 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 11-30-2010, 08:25 AM
B-radical
Professional

Nice truck. You can do anything you can think of to the truck to make it your own, that's the beauty.

I like to start out with getting the windows tinted, doing an exhaust, a cai, and a superchips tuner. Does the 5.7 right!!

I like the tonneu (sp?) covers as well, painted to match, but I don't have one yet The more you own your truck, the more you'll find out what you want to do with it. It's fun.

Quick Reply: FIRST TRUCK newbie..... lil help?