New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

new owner from cincinnati area

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:12 PM
esscee400
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new owner from cincinnati area

Just purchased a 2001 Stratus SE coupe with the Mits 3.0 motor. I picked up the car from a friend for $900. It isn't perfect, it has some issues that I'm hoping you guys will help me out with. Pretty sure at least one motor mount and/or tranny mount needs replaced. It also needs a new radiator, EGR valve, and there is an oil leak that I'm having trouble finding. Regardless, I think $900 is still a good deal. Only 137K miles on the car with a recently rebuilt tranny. Anyways, just introducing myself. I plan on being a regular here and getting to know the scene a little better. I've always been an import guy, figured I'd give the stratus a shot. I've had 13 cars up to date; some Honda's, a 98 SC400, a 94 Wrangler, a Cherokee, an E39, and so on. Everything I've owned has been built up and sold, it's a hobby of mine. Plan on doing the same to the Stratus, I already have some plans

Old 12-04-2010, 08:31 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 12-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Midnight Runner
Champion

Welcome to the forum.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:36 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 12-03-2012, 11:59 PM
starvy
Default Starvy

Hey! guys, thanks for yhe welcome. i've never owned a dodge before until now. just bought a 2002 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with 4'' body lifter kit fully installed. nice truck, until i got half way home the block heater plug popped clean out & lost all rad fluid in motor. got home dry[only about 2kl]& let motor cool down. put in temperary frost plug in hole & started up truck after refilling rad to normal level. soon as motor got hot, frost plug on other side of motor popped out. dam thing is full of rust. got 4 frost plugs replaced at mechanic shop & the mechanic told me to run it without a thermostat to keep water pressure down. up here in williams lake, it's -25c & i don't get much heat in my truck. should i go for spending more money & replace all frost plugs + replacing the thermostat? i need my truck. don't want to damage my motor by overheating! can anyone help me with this problem?

Last edited by starvy; 12-04-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Quick Reply: new owner from cincinnati area