New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New chick from Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 06:52 PM
SpinEm_90
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New chick from Missouri

Heyy! I'm Brittany & no I don't have a Dodge but I am not a stranger to forums. I have here for my friend to get more mod info about my friend's 2002 Dakota Sport 4x4. Apparently she got on this forum not too long ago but I'm pretty much in charge of finding mods for her truck so I thought I'd might as well get on here so I can access everything. I am a biggg fan of modding & customizing cars & I hope to start collecting once my career gets going. My first car was a 1997 Plymouth Breeze which I still have but she got flooded & has over 260,000 miles on her so she doesn't work quiet as well as she use to. I didn't get a chance to ever mod her but now I have a 2004 Supercharged Monte Carlo SS that I am all about making my own. I got her back in May 2008 & I decided that since she was already black & silver I might as well make her a custom tribute to my hero...Dale Earnhardt Senior. & my 1986 Monte Carlo SS dirt car paint scheme is based off of one of his older monte's so might as well make a newer model =D

She's got a 3.8L V6 with the Eaton M90 supercharger pushing about 240-245hp with around 280lbs of torque. I love her to death & she most def packs some punch & I get compliments all of the time. I don't plan on EVER selling her & I honestly don't think I would be able to. When I find my list of things I already have done to her and what I want to do in the future I will post them but for now let's move onto pics...one of my hobbies is auto photography so I have lotssss of pics of my monte & Kayla's truck so I apologize. These are all recent pics of my car, I'll have to get before pics up later

I am really into car shows & I finally got her into some this past year....been to 12 shows & have won 6, not bad in my opinion

Not so recent pic of the engine bay but it'll do

Plain interior...for now
Name:  DSCN2846.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  120.6 KB
Before pics of Kayla's truck

Pics of it now, haven't done a ton yet. Just new projector headlights with 8K high beams (gotta order low beams since we accidentally ordered the high beam bulbs instead), aftermarket fog lights with 7-colored halos and 8K bulbs (one of the ballasts are bad so we have to replace it), and black housing aftermarket tail lights

Her truck is coming along quite nicely & I'm really enjoying being able to mod something different. Sucks that it is a V6 since it seems that performance parts are a little bit harder to come by for the 3.9L but that's why I'm here =D

The next things we have on the list are:
-front windshield tint banner + new windshield banner (I really can't stand the one she has now bcuz it's white & not silver)
-bullitt or some sort of aluminum grille insert kit
-brushed aluminum interior kit
-aluminum door sills (if I can find them! Seen them on Dakotas at car shows)
-she wants the Dodge logo on her rear window in the color of her car but once again I'm not sure where to find one of those
-custom hood
-r/t fender flares
-roll pan rear bumper
-new wheels & tires
-painted undercarriage
-cold air intake
-headers (having problems finding a good set for the 3.9L)
-trying to talk her into debadging it & putting on different decals if she must have some
-she bought a LED tail gate bar for it but we figured out the hard way that there isn't a place to attach it to so idk about that anymore
-performance chip + tune
-exhaust system (if we can figure out what sounds best)
anddd I feel like there is more but I'm having problems remembering at the moment. She wants it to look good & have some more kick to it so any help in getting her that would be awesome!

& that's it, sorry about the novel but I've learned that it's better off getting all of the info out there right away to help answer any questions right away. So yeah I'm glad to be here & ready to learn =)

Last edited by SpinEm_90; 01-15-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:38 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 01-16-2011, 02:49 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 01-17-2011, 11:05 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site. Sweet SS

Old 04-11-2011, 09:30 PM
MikeEast
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll say Welcome Aboard from North Georgia!

I'm kind of a newbie here myself, been at lxforums.com forever though.

Nice truck and a Very Nice SS indeed - I used to have access to a white non-supercharged SS, nice cars.

Mike

05 Magnum RT, 96 Ram Van 2500, 03 Dakota RT

Quick Reply: New chick from Missouri