DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/new-member-area-11/)
-   -   Just got a dakota sport... got tired of speedbumps with my showcar... (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/new-member-area/28050-just-got-a-dakota-sport-got-tired-of-speedbumps-with-my-showcar.html)

InspiredCreations5.9 06-22-2005 07:32 PM

Just got a dakota sport... got tired of speedbumps with my showcar...

Me: im 20, work as a Lumber Sales Associate for Lowes. I was the guy in that little import that suprised everyone, until i sold it and bought this truck. Im attending a school called Penntech in williamsport for autobody.

My truck is a 97 Dakota Sport, red, 5spd.
In excelent condition & only 1 other owner. Dont know the mileage due to the digital odometer readout not working. But the guys said the last time he knew it only had. 75,***mi.

My plans...

EXTERIOR: While at school this truck will be my project car...and will be getting either the Cervinis or the Xenon Full body kit, and it will be resprayed either emerald green w/ flake...or an electric blue with flake.

ENGINE: 1 or 2 things...depending on how much money i have at the time... either just a 5.9swap or a 5.9 motor with a S/C. Then a custom dual side exit exhaust with no cats or resonators.... I'm moving to an area with no emissions testing needed.

INTERIOR: may take out the bench style seats and install my 2 racing seats ive had for a few years.

SUSPENSION: Belt tech suspension.. 2" & 4" drop.

See you guys around.... Oh and i'll post pictures of my truck and my old car, as soon as i find them.

later.
-Brett

ViperGTS 06-22-2005 10:48 PM

RE: Just got a dakota sport... got tired of speedbumps with my showcar...

Enjoy the site Brett. Glad you dumped the import and went with a truck. I'm sure it's useful with your job as well =) Welcome!

-Matt-

ramfan5.9 06-22-2005 10:57 PM

welcome to DF, speed bumps ar more fun with a truck:D

that truck will fly if you put a blown 5.9 in it lol

InspiredCreations5.9 07-04-2005 05:22 AM

thanks.... i just moved in to my temp house till my house is done ... ill try to get up some pictures...soon. later

Daksport1pa 07-06-2005 12:55 AM

Welcome to DF. You're gonna love your Dakota. I don't suppose you live in PA. Just an observation.

InspiredCreations5.9 07-15-2005 12:32 PM

def do live in Pa... I now live in Northumberland...used to live 10 mins from allentown... in a little place called Quakertown. where about you located, sharp truck by the way. My dad just got a similar one. A 02' quadcab v6 in black....

later

moparturd 07-15-2005 05:24 PM

Welcome to Dodge Forum. I'm originally from Eighty-Four, PA., which is the opposite side of the state from you.

InspiredCreations5.9 07-18-2005 01:47 AM

theres a town or city called 84? that blows my mind. :D