New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New guy from Iowa

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 05:33 PM
johnismobile
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Iowa

Hello everyone! My name is John and I am a proud owner of a 1995 Dodge Ram SLT 4x4 5.9L 360 pickup. I bought her (yes, i said 'her' cause shes my little girl) in 1995 with a little over 14,000 miles on the odometer, and now shes got 204,000 miles with same motor and tranny. I've had 4 truck/deer accidents with my truck. 3 were solid hits, while the 4th was just a brush up, leaving no scratches or marks. After the 1st deer accident, i had to replace the chrome front bumper and grille assembly, replacing it with black to make the truck look meaner. Other than the different grille and bumpers, American Racing AR-8 rims, and a new Sony AM/FM/CD player, its all stock.

Old 03-10-2004, 05:45 PM
04GTX
Rookie
Default RE: New guy from Iowa

that sucks about the deer but it's awsome to hear that you take good care of your truck b/c i know it wouldn't make it to over 200K without some TLC, that's awsome!!

Old 03-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site!! My truck is a girl too. I hope to see you often around here... PLEASE stop running that pretty truck into deer. LOL! Got any pictures of her?

~Amanda

Old 03-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Vader
Champion

Welcome John. Enjoy the site. Good luck with your Truck

Old 03-11-2004, 01:52 PM
johnismobile

Ill get some pics of her as soon as i can. I just need to clean her up. Iowa winters arent the best on a vehicle with the salt and sand coming up and sticking to the panels, causing rust.

Old 03-11-2004, 02:00 PM
johnismobile

LOL I hear ya about the deer! But like i said Im from Iowa. i get off work at 11 PM and the quickest way home is the backroads where its likely a driver will see from 1 to 10 deer a night on that stretch of road. I mean under total darkness, you MIGHT see one or 2 come out from the trees, but when its a full moon and the light is more ambient, you can look out in the fields and see them running in packs.

WORD FOR THE WISE: From my experiences, deer very seldom run by themselves. If you think you see a deer, slow down because more than likely there will be another one right behind. Also honk your horn, this will frighten the deer. You might wake someone up in the middle of the night, but its better to wake someone up from a horn honking that a knock on their door to use teh phone to call a tow truck.

Old 03-12-2004, 06:01 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome and enjoy, and if you can let us see what ya' got.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: New guy from Iowa