New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

DF Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 03:12 AM
3500reddragon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DF Newbie

Hello to all the Mopar faithful out there! I am a huge Mopar fan, owned many and am now the owner of a "new" 1998 Dodge Laramie 3500 dually diesel quad cab. It's a sweet truck, 120K, very well maintained, about as close to pristine as you could realistically get considering it's a work horse. The only real wear is in the bedliner as it was apparently previously owned by a painter (paint slopped around here and there in various colors; need new bedliner QUICK!). The only other thing wrong with it is that it is RED! I've owned too many red vehicles in the last few years, but one just can't pass up a great truck and great deal, so I'll deal with it (man, I love auto auctions!).

OK enough babbling. Just wanted to say "hello" to everyone and say that this place rocks as I already got a question answered within the first five minutes of being here (how to program multiple remote FOBs). The writeup was was for a newer model, but I suspect the procedure is the same. If it isn't someone please let me know and I'll search again or post up in the RAM section.

Mark

Old 07-03-2005, 11:37 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: DF Newbie

welcome to DF

gotta love that CTD

Old 07-04-2005, 03:44 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Sounds like your truck is a beast. Enjoy the forums Mark!

-Matt-

Old 07-04-2005, 04:39 AM
3500reddragon

Thanks!!!

Yeah, I do love the CTD. First CTD I've owned. Today, cleaned up the pooled (partially dried oil-base) paint in one part of the bed, then took it to a self-serve car wash to get the rest of crud & Australian pine muck out of the nooks & crannys (has Reese rails, getting goose neck head for the trailer this week). As usual, I started obsessing & detailed the rest of the truck, when the inevitable rain set in. Granted, in "sunny" South Florida , it's always expected this time of year, especially this year. To make a long story short, I thought my tranny was slipping a bit while driving in the rain only to find out that the rear tires were breaking free here and there. To boot, it has new rubber all around. Never would have expected that prior to this day. The last diesel I owned was a workhorse, but the standard old-school diesel dog. I mean, I grew up building cars, especially Mopars, all pavement pounders, but I never expected a dually to break traction! It's very nice to have that power.

Quick Reply: DF Newbie