New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Hound Dog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member

Hi everyone; I've just picked up my first Dodge truck a 1990 D150. Plans are to lower it (as it is a 2wd why not and my GF is only 5'....lol) also plan on rebuilding the motor and trans for alot more get up and go!! the engine will receive aluminium heads for a 360 ( stock motor is 318) a better induction system as will as the ever popular headers flowing into a 2 1/2" dual exhaust. The game plan for the trans is also a rebuild along with a shift improver kit as well as a higher stall speed torque converter. Body mods will consist of one peice door glass after a 2" top chop and a complete shaving of all emblems and anything else that is not required so as to smooth it off. Other body mods not so as dramatic will be a metal 5"cowl induction scoop as well as suiciding the doors. The interior will be up to my GF, with a peramitor set down from me as to a bit of what I want inside. I know that some of this sounds over the top but since I build Harleys and streetrods during the cold winter months (I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba) I don't think it will be too over the top. This truck will be sharing shop space with 2 hand built Harleys and few streetrods ('28 Essex built into a woody sedan panel, '32 Ford all steel roadster, and a much modified Mercury 1/2 ton) When I finally get a digital cam will take pics and post em. Later folks

Last edited by Hound Dog; 05-20-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-20-2011, 08:49 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 05-21-2011, 10:06 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 05-23-2011, 05:29 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member