New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

I want to do it right...the first time.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 02:40 PM
jr_1782
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to do it right...the first time.

I just bought a '99 r/t and i want to modify the truck one time. One time meaning that I want the best parts the first time. Just like you all do I'm sure. I reaching out to see what your vast knowledge can help me with. I'm starting with performance and then when I'm done there, i'll move to beauty. I do have some questions, but I'm going to check the previous posts before I ask already answered questions. Thanks for your help and to the ones who run this site, thanks for the support.

Proud new owner,
Josh

Old 07-09-2005, 02:52 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: I want to do it right...the first time.

welcome to DF

when you say r/t i assume ur talknig about a dakota r/t right? because there is also a durango r/t

you may want to try the dakota section, youll get more of a response there

Old 07-09-2005, 07:16 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Enjoy the forums Jr!!

-Matt-

Old 07-13-2005, 02:20 AM
Megashifter
Professional

What do you want'a know?

First off... how many miles are on the engine? If it's tired... the last thing ya wanna do is hot rod it. Since you'll prob'ly have to get into the bottom end anyway... if you've got the bucks for parts I'd stroke it. Eagle rods, Ross pistons... stroker crank. Check out KRC Performance web-site. Other good sources: GS Motorsports, SoCalDakota, Fastman (Dean Arcand). You may also consider joining the Dakota R/T Club www.dakotart.com which is international. Lotta fast rides in the membership. The 'group' is mainly on Delphi forums (Dakota R/T). No two of these hot rods are exactly alike... If you're starting from scratch... expect to cough up about $10K and up for mods... engine, drive train, suspension and cosmetic.

Quick Reply: I want to do it right...the first time.