New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hello. New here and just checking in.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:22 AM
jtownes14
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello. New here and just checking in.

Hi all. I am a new Dodge Ram owner (well the truck is new to me). I have driven Fords (the 7.3 was the best I thought) but could not go to a 6.0 or 6.4, and the new Ford truck is way to much money for me to spend.

I now own a 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad cab 4x4 Diesel. The truck was bought used with 109,400 miles on it. The transmission is an upgraded 4 speed with lock up torq converter and over sized cooler. The previous owner put an AFE Cold Air intake on the truck (not sure if it is stage 1 or 7) and the 4 inch intake pipe to the turbo. I plan on adding the Banks High air ram kit to the truck to finish the intake upgrades. There is a 4 inch Magna-Flow exhaust system from the turbo back on the truck. Seems the other owner also added an Van AaKen chip to the truck that has 3 settings. 1 is off or stock, 2 is 75 Hp and 3 is 130 hp. I was told by Banks that this is a chip that increases fuel pressure to the injectors and that I should not use it. I have had it off since buying the truck cause I do not know anything about this chip. I plan on pulling it and going with the Banks chip or the Attitude with Juice. Not sure yet what I will do, I plan on using the truck as a tow vehicle for my goose-neck trailer and a daily driver.

Wish me luck and forgive my questions, as I will have many.

J

Old 06-09-2011, 12:49 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site

Quick Reply: Hello. New here and just checking in.