New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Deployed again and looking for forums to join

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 09:20 PM
DeceptioN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deployed again and looking for forums to join

My name is Kevin and I'm a Staff Sergeant in the United States Air Force. I'm a huge fan of American made cars and always looking for people with similiar interests. I'm originally from New Jersey and then went to Texas for basic training. After that I've been stationed in California, Florida, New Mexico and now back in California.

When I first got into the car world I picked up a 2002 Mustang GT. Right away the addiction started and I have a laundry list of modifications.

Stage 2 port and polished heads
Built valve train with manley valve springs
CMS Stage 2 cams
BBK CAI
BBK Throttle Body
Professional Products plenum
125 wet shot of nitrous through a fogger
Built transmission.
SCT Tune with custom dyno tune
24 lb injectors Suspension Modifications: Eibach lowering springs
Bilstein HD shocks / struts Wheels/Tires Modifications: Nittos on all 4
Slightly darker chrome saleen wheels Interior/Exterior Modifications: MGW shifter
Projector head lights
BBK tuned length headers
Pypes off road x pipe
SLP Loud Mouth 2 catback
Shorty antenna

I have some 3.73s to install still, and a few more cosmetics, but haven't had much free time with my recent move.

Realizing that it was getting hard to mod a car while using it as a daily driver, I decided to pick up a 2nd car that would serve as my weekend / nice weather car, which can also serve as a backup if the Mustang needs to be down for a few days.

When I was in Elementary school during those book fares we had to go to, I'd always get car posters. Back then I didn't know anything at all about cars, but every year I'd pick up a Dodge Viper poster just because the car looked amazing.

Years later of having these posters all around my room, it became my dream car and I promised myself that I would do whatever it takes to attain a Viper before I turned 40.

Last October right before I turned 26 I finally received orders out of New Mexico and landed back in California. After driving around on actual paved roads with scenery every where, I knew it was time to go for the goal.

2 months later I picked up my First Edition 2006 Dodge Viper.

So far the only mods done to it are Nitto Invos on all 4, an MGW short shift and eibach lowering springs.

My goal for the car is to get a twin turbo installed and build the engine / transmission to handle 1200 rwhp.

I'm pretty active on a few forums, but always looking for more to join. Especially now that I'm deployed again with not much else to do in my free time.

Other forums I post on:
www.thethinbluefinishline.com ( Norther California car forum, not specific to any make / model ) My name on there is ViperSRT10
www.forums.viperclub.org ( Viper Club of America ) My name on there is DeceptioN
www.bayarearacing.org ( Racing forum for San Fran bay area ) My name on there is DeceptioN

Last edited by DeceptioN; 06-12-2011 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Copy pasted my mod list twice, sorry.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:05 AM
DeceptioN

Finally home from work, and I believe posts are worthless without pictures, so here ya go.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:22 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. Thank you for your service,
FF

Old 06-11-2011, 12:46 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! I was born at Lackland AFB back in 1951......

Dusty

Old 06-14-2011, 09:22 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

welcome to the site

Quick Reply: Deployed again and looking for forums to join