New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:38 AM
themadhatter73
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New in Florida

Weel wanted to say hello to everyone here have already looked around to find a problem and of course the answer was here. I recently purchased a 96 2500 to haul equipment to my shows. So far I am very happy. When i bought it there was a slight smell of mildew so i asked where or what the leak was the salesman said he didnt know of any leaks so I ran the heat and there was no leak to be found. first rain storm no leak but about three days in i found water on the passenger side floor I was PO'd went back the couldnt find a leak anywhere so i went searching took the advice and put a length of hose on the AC drain and now no more leak!! went back to dealer ship went to the service bay and kindly told the mechanic what to do the next time. I used to haul my gear in a minivan and was worried about gas milage switching to the 360 but so far on the highway i am gettting better milage (around 19) in the truck compared to the 17 I was getting in the van.
I know the truck has the towing package and i havnt checked the rear diff to see what gear ratio is but i can say at 70 the rpm's are about 350 less than what the van was.
Scheduled service in the near future trans fluid and filter, Rear diff fluid change, and flush radiator. Other than that truck seems to have no issues and is very clean inside outside and undercarriage for tis age and having 146,000. I hope it lasts as long as the van did 2.5 years and almost 70,000 miles in that time with no major problems just normal wear and maintenance.
Located in the worlds famous beach Daytona Beach Florida

Old 07-10-2011, 12:44 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 07-10-2011, 04:29 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Quick Reply: New in Florida