New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Dodge Ram van owner, Milwaukee

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:47 PM
jeepsteve92xj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Ram van owner, Milwaukee

My first Dodge of any sort, not counting the Jeep Cherokees I've had.

I have a 99 Dodge 1500 conversion van.
5.2liter
138,000 miles
Auto with OD.
dual AC and heat.
brand New Hankook tires

Just took it for a 3000 mile road trip. with no major issues. Temps in the high 90's and mountain climb and decent.

Smaller issues to be fixed:
1) The rear AC blower motor was a dead short since it was assembled - nice quality control. Currently rigged with a pair of server fans to help move some air across the heat exchangers.
2) Sometimes when climbing long grades the AC doors would cycle from the dash front/face to the top/windshield to the bottom/floor and back to the front. Doesn't do it all the time, but the issues changes after a stop - like gas, then go again. It may or may not cycle the doors. Like they were dependent on how hard the motor is pulling a vacuum.
3) on a related note, the cruise control sort of works (downhill), but has a hard time holding the speed and cant accelerate. Forget a up hill!
4) A lifter tick - sometimes louder than other times, sometimes nearly silent.
5) the Infinity CD stereo display wont light.
6) slight slop/looseness in the steering gear.
7) and as we approached home on the end of the trip, it seems that everything under the van squeaks at low speed like parking lots.
8) the conversion wiring and some fitment needs work, along with the high-top where the PO didn't watch the clearance needs a permanent patch vs the caulk.
9) the oil pressure gueage will on occassion drop to zero and the CHECK GAUGES light comes on, and a few seconds later the pressure returns to normal and the light goes off. It has only happened at a stop light, and the motor makes no audible indication of an oil issue. (Oil use for the trip might be half a quart.)

Things to do but overall the van is good to go.

Last edited by jeepsteve92xj; 07-13-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:02 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 07-14-2011, 08:23 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram van owner, Milwaukee